Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6s with integrated foglights...I'm getting nothing when I turn the foglights on. I checked the foglight 15a fuse under the hood, and everything looks fine..even exchanged it for another 15a fuse...still nothing. When I turn the fogs on, I can hear the "click" under the hood in the fuse box..so I know its trying to turn on. What could be blown?
I have an Hid kit, but thats been installed now for quite some time without any probs with the fogs. Might have blown a fuse or something when I installed my stereo system, but I was always careful in taking off the negative and positive cables from the battery before I did anything. This has got me stumped right now. :banghead:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hmm that is strange. Didn't see you type about turning headlights or parking lights on before foglights or do you have the foglight mod?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No foglight mod...foglights are 100% stock...and I tried everyway to turn on the foglights...they just do not turn on! Headlights on..nope...headlights off...nope...car off car on...nothing works.I've always just kept them in them in the on position. I don't generally turn them off. That's why I'm thinking somethings blown. But I have checked all the smaller fuses that deal with the lighting system. I dont know how to check the bigger black ones. (maybe relays?) like I said I can hear the click under the hood when I turn them on and off like they are supposed to do...but just nothings happening.

I guess I'm going to have to take it to a dealer. Hopefully they dont say anything about the HID kit and it blowing something in my electical system, even though all the lights lt & rt low beams, high beam rt & lt, and fogs are all on different fuses. But are they on the same relay?

edit : Nevermind found the fog relay, switched it with a couple of other relays, and still nothing!! This sucks...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
u know that if you didnt do the foglight mod, you still have to turn on the lowbeam for the fog to comes on?

how about checking if the bulbs have burnt out? take it out and see if the filament is broken. i dont think relay will get broken that easily....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well finally checked the actual bulb...stupid me...both bulbs burned out at the same time. They were XTEC's so I will be sending them back for replacements ..woohoo lifetime warranty...for now put the stocks back in and work fine.

I had checked the bulbs earlier, but never replaced them...I couldn't see the filaments on both were broken...very very minor gap in the filament and didn't notice till the bulbs were replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts