Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 6i K&N typhoon intake for my 05'...many of you know that the engineers in Mazda thought it a fabulous idea to replace the old crank case vent line with a "quick clip" thing or what ever it may be called for reasons probably too insignificant to warrant it...I did a search on a fix for the problem and came up with some solutions, but I think the explanations weren't that good, so can somebody (Mr. Tea, looking in you diretion) tell me, without any doubt (or very little at least) what the quickest, easiest fix for that issue is?... by the way, would anybody have any serious objections to just cutting the existing line, before the quick clip and simply placing in the CAI provided silicone hose over that, no questions asked?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
the biggest problem with cutting the stock hose is....your cutting the stock hose. i would suggest this as a last resort for a newbie, as in most cases you'll have a reason to go back to stock for a dealer visit/question. i would say the quickest way to do it is to find what size hose you can use from valvecover to intake, go to your local auto store and buy 2' of that hose, connect it to both ends (trim a bit i'd guess) and then ziptie it so it looks nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts