Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a part# for the ring gear on a 3.0 5 speed flywheel?
I got one a# ATP ZA-513 from one website but want to confirm it before I spent the money.

·
Rally Racer
2,353 Posts
Does anyone have a part# for the ring gear on a 3.0 5 speed flywheel?
I got one a# ATP ZA-513 from one website but want to confirm it before I spent the money.
Not sure what year you have('03-'04 vs. '05-'08) and is the the ring gear that presses onto the 5speed MTX or the ring gear for the 5speed ATX?
I am guessing you mean MTX but it does not look like the number you gave fits that application

This part?
https://www.mazda6club.com/attachments/image_1428047497468-jpg.146505/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what year you have('03-'04 vs. '05-'08) and is the the ring gear that presses onto the 5speed MTX or the ring gear for the 5speed ATX?
I am guessing you mean MTX but it does not look like the number you gave fits that application.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
05 3.0 manual. Bought the car not starting. Bump started it and drove it home. P.O. said the put three different starters in it. Pulled the starter and the ring gear has moved back on the flywheel towards the engine. My goal is to pull the trans and either replace the ring gear or flip it and tack weld it in place.
IMG_20200221_072216993.jpg
IMG_20200221_072216993.jpg

·
Rally Racer
2,353 Posts
So, if that's not the part# do you know the correct one?
The ATP website does not list one for the Mazda 6

I have no listing on the OEM ring gear. My guess is they are not sold separately from the flywheel by the dealer but you would have to contact them to verify.

I bet you can just reset the current ring and call it a day. Are you worried about welding and loosing balance?

If you didn't want to risk reusing yours I would be inclined to grab a salvage flywheel and have the machining done so it is ready to go when you drop the transmission for the new clutch.

Great to see another wagon, and with RX8 wheels included.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts