Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad went to the dealer today and they said he needed to replace his front brake pads, and possibly cut the rotors (?), which would come out to around $260ish.

I've no clue as to what "cutting the brake rotors" means, but I just want suggestions as to what kind of pads are good for normal, strictly-at-the-speed-limit, if not slower, A to B driving on a RAV4. I was thinking ceramic pads for the sake of his rims, but what brand/models do you all suggest?

BTW, he brakes a lot, so I need 'em to have a long life.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Just did the brakes and turn down the rotors on my '04 RAV4 due to a grinding feeling during agressive braking and sqealing from the brakes when in reverse when they were cold. Only cost about $200 for the dealer to do it during the 30K mi checkup. :sarc: I just had them use OEM pads. The front pads when they took them off, still had about 50% left on them after being used for 30K mi. That is even after driving in stop and go traffic in the L.A. area for 2 years. For the daily driver, I think the OEM pads are fine, even if you ride the brake a lot. just my $0.02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts