Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I currently own 11 WRX but with current financial situation, I would have to downgrade to cheaper used car. I am looking at 2004 Mazda 6 Wagon ATX (v6) with 75K miles for $11k ish. Clean title, two owners (originally from NY then car was re-sold 2nd owner in CA).

What do you guys think I should expect, mechanically wise. I haven't gone for test drive yet, little far so I am waiting for the right moment. Price seems to be about 2k lower then KBB priced it.

Carfax didn't give too much detailed history about car's maintenance either. Should I expect a leak? I know mz6 has bottom guard so leak can be hidden. Anyways to catch them through engine bay?

How should it drive?

I know that it has pretty low miles for its year... any inputs would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Experience: Have driven my parents '05 (everything else the same) more than 20-30 times.

Power should be decent (not like the WRX however =) . Check A/C, lumbar support. Slap stick manual is ok but not the fastest shift in the world. Besides that it's like any other car.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
wow 11k seems expensive to me...take it to anyplace like advanced auto and have them scan it for any hidden codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts