Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2004 Mazda 6 with 162k miles on it. It’s not in the best of shape. Cracked bumper, sagging headliner, ripped seat yeah whatever, it was cheap. However I’ve been doing some fixing on it. New spark plugs and bumper. I notice that when I shift into drive there’s about a half second to a second delay before it engages. This happens only sometimes. Plus sometimes it will take forever to shift into the next gear. It’s not consistent either. From 1 to 2 or 2 to 3. It happens randomly. And again it only happens sometimes. Sometimes it’ll get stuck in gear 3. It does need a new knock sensor and one code that I’m getting says that the intake manifold runner control is stuck open on bank 1. I was wonder if any of these could be causing this? I highly doubt it, but I really don’t wanna spend a lot of money on a car with this many miles on it. And I do love the car. It runs good. I just don’t wanna throw $2000 into a new tranny. Though I’m thinking that’s the only option, or just drive it till it dies and junk it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a 4-speed. It doesn’t happen consistently which leads me to believe this is all just the fluid. I’ve been told that changing the fluid can cause damage so I’ve refrained from doing it, though I haven’t checked it yet for this car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts