Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in deep shit right now cause I was driving down the road last night and I was shifting into third when all of a sudden, booom, and I could not shift out of third. It did still drive in third and the clutch still worked but it will not move what so ever. When i stopped the car all the cat piss, gear oil, was flowing like the seven seas. So I have two problems, number one It wont get out of third and number two the fluid is coming out. What do you guys think could cause this? I just put this tranny in a year ago, it has about 45k last night so I should not just go up. It worked fine up until this point and all of a sudden it just f**ked up. Any suggestions.

2005 Mazda 6i
(like I said I just recently put an 04 transmission in it)

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE (shaun21221 @ Oct 25 2008, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1465269
I am in deep shit right now cause I was driving down the road last night and I was shifting into third when all of a sudden, booom, and I could not shift out of third. It did still drive in third and the clutch still worked but it will not move what so ever. When i stopped the car all the cat piss, gear oil, was flowing like the seven seas. So I have two problems, number one It wont get out of third and number two the fluid is coming out. What do you guys think could cause this? I just put this tranny in a year ago, it has about 45k last night so I should not just go up. It worked fine up until this point and all of a sudden it just f**ked up. Any suggestions.

2005 Mazda 6i
(like I said I just recently put an 04 transmission in it)[/b]

I heard 05 transmissions have revised gear ratios compare to 03 and 04 models. I think the engine tuning is also different to match the revised ratios. So I don't know if you were suppose to put a 04 transmission in there. Just a guess, ;) .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not a bad thought, I may have to check into that. those bastards gave me an 04 and said it would be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
shaun21221
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing