Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2004 Mazda 6 two years ago. A month after my warranty on my car started stalling repeatedly and randomly and the check engine light came on. Diagnosed the car that it was the throttle position sensor. I have put 2 throttle bodies in my car and had my original one rebuilt. Nothing seems to work. It does not stall anymore. The RPM gauge will jump around like it wants to stall and it does not accelerate fast. The check engine light is still on With 4 codes related to my throttle position sensor that just come and go. Has anyone else ever had this issue with the Mazda 6? Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue? The car has 125,000 miles on it.

·
Rally Racer
2,726 Posts
So I bought a 2004 Mazda 6 two years ago. A month after my warranty on my car started stalling repeatedly and randomly and the check engine light came on. Diagnosed the car that it was the throttle position sensor. I have put 2 throttle bodies in my car and had my original one rebuilt. Nothing seems to work. It does not stall anymore. The RPM gauge will jump around like it wants to stall and it does not accelerate fast. The check engine light is still on With 4 codes related to my throttle position sensor that just come and go. Has anyone else ever had this issue with the Mazda 6? Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue? The car has 125,000 miles on it.
Listing the specific codes would be helpful as well as what engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one specific problem which I could address maybe on this subject , I'm driving 2004 wagon 2.0 diesel 89 kw and when I don't put any throttle while driving slowly car tends to stall , especially uphill it shakes and shuts down . If I give throttle it takes it slowly till 2k rpm and then goes nuts (biggest torque at 2k rpm ) and everything is fine but imagine driving uphill in winter conditions ,you can't drive slow since it tends to shut down and you can't push throttle because of torque at 2k rpm and overspinng the wheel ( I don't have dsc unfortunately )

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts