Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I kept searching on here so maybe I can find how to fix my cd changer but couldnt so I registered and im proud to be an owner of a Mazda 6...ill tell you guys a bit about my car later but for now I NEED HELP...here we go:

I have a 6 cd changer Bose system all stock and it stopped working so I bought a used (working) unit off of ebay but its a single cd player which didnt matter to me...so today i took off everything and installed the cd player and it worked but got no volume...can anyone help me with this? am i doing somthing wrong? anyways i plugged my old cd changer and got volume so idk whats going on...please respond ASAP thanks :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't think you can swap the Bose/6CD changer and non-Bose 1CD head-units.

The Bose system has an amp under the passenger seat and the 6CD unit sends only a line-level signal (like a home CD player that sends sound over RCA cables, not enough to power speakers) where the 1CD unit actually has it's own amplification to power the speakers directly. So the 1CD unit is not sending the line-level signal to the under-seat amp, so nothing is getting to your speakers. [And I believe the under-seat amp then sends a line-level signal the to "subwoofer" in the rear deck, which has it's own little amplifier]

Bottom line, you need a 6CD changer head unit unless you want to replace/rewire your entire stereo system...

hope this helps.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks so much...yeah i thought that would be the problem cuz i tried everything else lol...and im not going to switch my whole entire system just to get this working i put my broke cd changer back on just to listen to the radio and hopefully some guy on here sell me his cd changer (bose)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts