Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the estimate on the cost of replacing/rebuilding the manual transmission on 4 cycliner?
I'm getting this grinding noise coming from transmission (the dealer thinks that it's one of the bearing inside). It's not that loud now, but if I want to keep this car longer I will eventually need to replace/rebuilt it.
Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
QUOTE (ndy4eva @ Sep 25 2008, 08:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1444783
What's the estimate on the cost of replacing/rebuilding the manual transmission on 4 cycliner?
I'm getting this grinding noise coming from transmission (the dealer thinks that it's one of the bearing inside). It's not that loud now, but if I want to keep this car longer I will eventually need to replace/rebuilt it.
Thanks,[/b]
ive gotten my transmission rebuilt twice...talk about bad luck. The first time it was more expensive, around 1200, done by local business. The second time it cost 1054, done by aamco. but after aamco does it...make sure you check all your lugs and make sure everything else in the engine bay is tightened, including the plastic undercover bolts.

on a side note, a brand new transmission is more. but you can occasionally find a good used one for cheaper, but if you cant install it yourself, then its still going to be more than getting it rebuilt. not to mention dropping the trans means dropping the subframe and thats a whole other ball game there.

(NOTE: my trans needed more parts at the local business, thats a reason for the costs, but i only took in the transmission, so they didnt even drop it. still a ridiculous price compared to what aamco did it for considering the dropped and installed the trans within that price. make sure you shop around.)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.
I'm checking with local transmission shops. It looks like it's the release bearing (hopefully), but they wouldn't want to know until they drop the tranny and take a look at the inside. oh well....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ndy4eva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing