Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

hah... Too bad the Galant has looked like that for the past few years.. This is just a minor face lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant


This is the current Galant in Sweden. Think it's one of the hottest sedans around...
The one on the pic is a -01 Galant Avance, with some sort of body kit, but, just like 6, it looks pretty darn good without the kit as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

I don't like the body kit.

The silver one looks better, but it's hard to tell from that dead-on angle. I don't like the split grilles Mitsubishi has been doing, and while I still don't like it, they are making it look better.

On many of the new cars, this one included, many lines just don't flow. What's the deal with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

I love the grille on the one I posted. It's the front that makes the car look so sleek. Especially the headlights looks good. Hate that new look with a big "beak" in the middle...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

The Yellow one is OK though.. Just it looks like a normal car and not like the new Maxima or somthing..

Edit : But hthe Yellow one is a Lancer right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic ''04 Galant'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Blackbird


            I love the grille on the one I posted. It's the front that makes the car look so sleek. Especially the headlights looks good. Hate that new look with a big "beak" in the middle...[/b]
Agree - while I don't like the body kit, it does streamline the front and make the headlights look better. In fact, it doesn't even look like the same car - is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic ''04 Galant'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Blackbird


            The Yellow one is OK though.. Just it looks like a normal car and not like the new Maxima or somthing..

Edit : But hthe Yellow one is a Lancer right?[/b]
That would appear to be correct - the yellow one is the new Lancer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

Yeah I get it. Front is very ugly and same as the Fuxima, but how does the rest of the new Galant look? Is it the same as the Nissan (hunchback and stupid propotions, with a little bit of ugly fenders-seasoning..)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

On the new Maxima - look around where fog lights would be. What are they? Are they in fact fog lights? If they are some sort of light, it looks like they'd shoot sideways! Is it some sort of goofy decoration, oddly-placed side markers, or just an optical illusion (and the fogs really do shoot foward)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

They might be as you wrote - side-ways lights. I know my firends familys Mercedes have these. Works very well on dark roads with lots of forest. Helped us once to spot a deer... He was just standing by the road but he could have been leeping out...

It does look butt ugly on the Maxima though (much as everything els on the car).

Makes me wonder... Think that the people at Nissan think it looks GOOD? Or do they simply think that people will like it and build? Don't they ask people about what they think of designs before they release? I have never heard anyone exept some guy at the Maxima forum someone linked to that actually LIKED the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Replying to Topic ''04 Galant'

QUOTE
Originally posted by applejax


            On the new Maxima - look around where fog lights would be.  What are they?  Are they in fact fog lights?  If they are some sort of light, it looks like they'd shoot sideways!  Is it some sort of goofy decoration, oddly-placed side markers, or just an optical illusion (and the fogs really do shoot foward)?[/b]
Those are the Maxima's cornering lights... so when you are making those sharp turns on some dark roads, those lights would be pretty useful. (At least that's what they say...)

I actually think the new Maxima looks pretty nice. The front just takes some time to get used too, but its growing on me... can't wait to see one in person! :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Replying to Topic ''04 Galant'

QUOTE
Originally posted by kenshinx. The frI actually think the new Maxima looks pretty niceont just takes some time to get used too, but its growing on me... can't wait to see one in person! :D :D[/b]
I saw a white one just the other day and it looked like a$$. Well, actually, some ladies' a$$es are rather fine looking, so make than a fugly fat man's a$$. This car makes the Pontiac Aztec look good (almost).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reading Topic: '04 Galant

I made a special trip out to the local Nissan store to see the new Max up close. i did a walk around of 3 SE models and I have to admit, they look a lot better in person. I went out thinking I would hate it, but its not that bad looking.

The interior is just like the exterior; its love it or hate it. I didnt get to sit in any of them, but the interior is interesting to look at it if nothing else. I cant wait to drive one. Ive read that it doesnt FEEL as fast as the HP #s suggest. We'll see :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic ''04 Galant'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Casper 6i

Ive read that it doesnt FEEL as fast as the HP #s suggest. We'll see :D[/b]
I guess that's a desirable trait in a luxury car, but I think it's a bit backwards...:sarc
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top