Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
So I have a 04-05 wagon, with the 4cyl 2.3 vvt donk, and a manual transmission.
about a month ago the CEL came on, just at random, had the bonnet up to check fluids earlier in the day but nothing else was touched. The scan tool is saying that I have two faults, Barometric Pressure sensor, and TPS ( high volt circuit A) have tested both sensors and both were working fine, but I replaced them anyway as I happened to have another complete motor on my workshop floor conveniently. However, I can’t get rid of the CEL. I have thoroughly checked out the wiring, all plugs, fuses etc and all is ok, so I’m now thinking there may be a fault in the PCM, perhaps in the regulated output current to the sensors? I don’t really want to get a new PCM and have it coded for my car only to find out I still have the CEL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Rally Racer
2,724 Posts
Those can be frustrating. It sounds like you followed the diagnostic suggestions listed in the service manual. The list goes on through items ans usually ends with PCM, (like drug commercials that list every possible side-effect and end with the possibility of death, just to cover all bases.)
Do you recall the specific error codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From memory, the DTC codes were, “high voltage circuit A, throttle position sensor “ and something similar regarding barometric pressure sensor.
If I bite the bullet and go for a new PCM, what will I need to reflash the module? Or rather, is this something I can do myself or will I have to pay my local dealership my first born child to have them do the programming?

·
Rally Racer
2,724 Posts
From memory, the DTC codes were, “high voltage circuit A, throttle position sensor “ and something similar regarding barometric pressure sensor.
If I bite the bullet and go for a new PCM, what will I need to reflash the module? Or rather, is this something I can do myself or will I have to pay my local dealership my first born child to have them do the programming?
The closest I can find is a P0123 and P2229 for what you describe. Based on the diagnostic algorithm for each the one commonality they both share is common use of the PCM connector terminal 2H. Perhaps it would be worth checking for open circuits on the wires that correspond to that terminal.

Since you are in a JDM model I believe you have access to the factory service manual for free. If not with you then the RHD European versions will also work.

I believe you will have to have dealer intervention if you replace the PCM. Better have both children at the ready.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts