Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a may be dumb and I may be thinking to far ahead to winter. But I was looking into buying a set of rims off a stock 6.. So here is my ? will they fit the Speed, are the stock tires on them gonna be any good with the AWD of the speed... I am trying to do the most cost effective thing I can for snow tires, since i do not driive alot in the winter..

Thanks

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The stock 17" rims will fit. There are already a lot of speed6 owners that used them this winter.

The stock tires will spin since they have no traction (even in the summer).

I would be willing to sell my rims cheap to you. (stock 17's without rubber) and then go out and get some snow tires

·
Registered
21 Posts
If my memory serves me right the 6S only comes with 16inch wheels which will NOT fit the speed due to the massive 12.5" break rotors and calapers. You need the 18" wheels to clear them.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
If my memory serves me right the 6S only comes with 16inch wheels which will NOT fit the speed due to the massive 12.5" break rotors and calapers. You need the 18" wheels to clear them.
[/b]
False! 6s comes with 17" rims (03-05). The 06 6s has the 18" option. :slap:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any1 have any pictures????

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good on you thanks i Did a search but for some reason the search on my computer/connection wont work

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
speedgal
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing