Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a long time coming for this. Not sure who is still interested here. But available from myself at Twisted Tuning. Flash tuning is now possible for the 03-05 Mazda 6s (3.0L V6)

Product link is below:
Twisted Tuning 03-05 Mazda 6 V6 Flash Tune/ECU retrofit kit

R&D is ongoing for ways to improve this product more than what it is. But it is now available for public.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Thank you for your tireless work on these Mazda tunes, Justin. Great job!

Couple of questions:
If the owner provides a list of mods, do you tweak the base tune accordingly? Is this an additional fee?
Do you have any dyno numbers for the base tune?
Is it compatible with the CPE piggyback module that comes with their CAI?
With the lite license - Will the owner be able to read/write/edit in realtime from a laptop? (I'm thinking about dyno tuning) Or is it creating a data file that is uploaded to the ECU? What parameters would be editable?
If the license is purchased, is there a need to send you the ECU?
Is it a lifetime license? Is it transferable? Is it linked to the ECU?

Again, Thanks!
CR

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your tireless work on these Mazda tunes, Justin. Great job!

Couple of questions:
If the owner provides a list of mods, do you tweak the base tune accordingly? Is this an additional fee?
Do you have any dyno numbers for the base tune?
Is it compatible with the CPE piggyback module that comes with their CAI?
With the lite license - Will the owner be able to read/write/edit in realtime from a laptop? (I'm thinking about dyno tuning) Or is it creating a data file that is uploaded to the ECU? What parameters would be editable?
If the license is purchased, is there a need to send you the ECU?
Is it a lifetime license? Is it transferable? Is it linked to the ECU?

Again, Thanks!
CR

The base tune itself that would come with the ECU kit, would be a basic (non-tailored) calibration that is focused on some of the shortcoming of the factory calibration. Base tune would get some open loop fueling enhancements to keep the car out of the FACTORY RICH zone when the fun pedal is depressed. Throttle response will be massaged a bit more than factory to give better response than the factory calibration. Timing as well will be modified slightly. rev limit and speed limit will be adjusted.

The base tune will be in no way top of the line as would be a full custom tune. BUT, what it is meant to be is something tha is far better than the factory calibration.

The CPE MAFci, for all intensive purposes will not be needed whatsoever with a flash in place. To include the simple base tune.A general MAF calibration will be included with the Base tune to account for certain intakes. IE- the larger ones that throw the lean CELS, the Base tune will fix that. Is it compatible with the MAFci, yes, but its not needed and I recommend getting rid of it with this setup in place.

The lite license only gives the customer permissions to read the ecu and write the ecu and Datalog the ECU. it does not give the user the ability to modify the tune. This is not a piggyback or standalone unit. the is a FULL FLASH tune solution. So there is no live tuning. You datalog, analyze logs, make changes to tune, flash ecu, and repeat.

There is a version that allows user to modify or make tunes (personal edition, linked to one vin). But you will not have all the tables and map access as i would have on my end. As for the parameters that are available on my end, there are too many to list. But to name some....

Closed Loop Fueling
Open Loop Fueling
VVT Control
Ignition Timing
Drive by Wire control
Engine load tables
EGR Control
Purge Control
MAF Cal
MAP Cal
Knock Sensor Scaling and Sensativity
Knock retard tables
temp compensations
rev limits
speed limits
and more.....

I Have access to a few hundred+ tables on my end. Depending on the car, build and etc. Some may not be needed, but I have access to them.

If you purchase your own ECU, i will need the ECU sent to me initially to do my PATS/VIN fix on the unit. Other than that, once you get the ECU kit from me and you happen to purchase a license for me to do a custom tune. I do not need the ECU. everything at that point can be done remotely via e-tuning (email). Licenses are VIN locked to one ECU/Car. and they are not transferable.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any of the 03-05 V6 guys interested/planning on purchasing the Flash solution. Whether it be now, or sometime in the near future. PM me your VINs with first and last name. so i can preflight the VIN fixes. Less to do when you guys do actually purchase the kits. Just trying to stay ahead of the flood so to speak.

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome!

Great to see this as an option now. GreatNY - thanks for putting in the time to finally provide this option to 6 owners.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Options

Justin, Thank you for all the good information you have provided.
I think I finally have my 04 6s in good running ordered (fingers crossed)

As of now, my car is fully stock, should I get MSDS headers and an intake before the tune? Can it be done in stages? What do you suggest is the best way to go from fully stock to performance on a reasonable budget?

Thanks again for all the information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just installed msds headers and a brand new full exhaust system as well as cold air intake. ive been told by mazda mechanic to get it tuned. can the twisted tune products help me get the tune correct with these aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this still live if love to get a wagon tuned

Any of the 03-05 V6 guys interested/planning on purchasing the Flash solution. Whether it be now, or sometime in the near future. PM me your VINs with first and last name. so i can preflight the VIN fixes. Less to do when you guys do actually purchase the kits. Just trying to stay ahead of the flood so to speak.

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
@6inthecity
Yup, 4 years ago, almost to the day. The Great NY has some great stuff on here however.
I'm curious with that guy. I mean, what he is doing and what he has done. I tried joining in the other Mazda 6 forum and I somehow encountered his name. Unfortunately, I have the impression that the forum is "dead".

And another unfortunate event, I can't remember the name of the forum! @GerryB , I think I got the link from you. I hope I used the same username as I also can't remember it.
😀

·
Rally Racer
2,542 Posts
I'm curious with that guy. I mean, what he is doing and what he has done. I tried joining in the other Mazda 6 forum and I somehow encountered his name. Unfortunately, I have the impression that the forum is "dead".

And another unfortunate event, I can't remember the name of the forum! @GerryB , I think I got the link from you. I hope I used the same username as I also can't remember it.
😀
The site is 6crew, maybe, and it has been down for a while now.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The site is 6crew, maybe, and it has been down for a while now.
That's it! 6crew. I lost my saved sites in tapatalk, and I can't run it at the moment. I think I need an updated version.

EDIT: I just checked and it seems that the server is down.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Yeah, 6Crew appears to have died. I'm a regional mod, and I can't even get in. I'm guessing nobody paid the rent lol. Justin was a founder over there, but over time became so busy with all his other projects that 6Crew just sort of fell away. It's sad. It was a fun community while it lasted. Several good national meets, 3 at Deal's Gap. Oh, the stories...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The whole covid thing had me a little pissed off too. But when things lighten up I'd like to have a meet up round the Seattle area if anybody is up?

So what tuning options ARE there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
NO WAY THIS STILL LIVES I THOUGHey THIS Whole SITE WAS JUST FOR THE NEWBIES BUT well I guess I’ve hit a stop on my wagon too I can’t say it’d be running well enough to make it out to a meet of any sort

1 - 20 of 20 Posts