Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exterior looks nicer?
Not asking about interior or the engine or anything else. Just the looks of the outside...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
03-05 sport looks the best, but between 06 and non sport i have to go with 06

·
Registered
21 Posts
03-05 sport looks the best, but between 06 and non sport i have to go with 06
[/b]
Yes, I like the 03-05 sport the best as well. I'm kinda disappointed that Mazda did away with that look on the 06.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The '06 non-Sport definately looks better than the '03-'05. I had an '03 Lapis Blue non-sport and it didn't look anywhere near as good as a Sport model. But I added the Sport Grille, fog lights, rear lip spoiler (which looks great on non-sports BTW), and 17" Enkei RP03 wheels. Those mods really made the otherwise plain-jane body look way more sporty. But, the new '06 non-Sports look way nicer than before. I still prefer the style of the '03-'05 Sport, but it's getting a bit dated. The '06 Sport, which I have now, looks more refined and a little calssier.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I like that Mazda added the darkened headlamp bezels on the 06 Sport as well as the taiillamps (from the factory), but don't like the fog lights being below the bumper. I think the design was cleaner with them inside the headlamp assembly.

I never did like the non-Sport models, they look weird and plain to me. So between the 2, I would have to go with the 06 model but it has to be Sport. :)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The 2006 is more boring than earlier years, Sport or no. There is simply no style, attitude, or texture on any of them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
only good thing about the sport appearance packages prior 06' is because the side skirts and bumpers have a small lip to them. To some people that adds up to 'style, attitude, and texture'. ;)

It really makes no difference what you get if you plan on modding the exterior, because all these silly little differences are tossed out when you get a body kit. The smokes lamps in the 06' are hot, but you can also get those aftermarket or even OEM. You get the 18" wheel option for the 06', but of course, wheels are another easy thing to change out.

anyway, id pick the 06', because i did.

lol.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
If there was a decent body kit option, I would agree with you. All of them are overdone to terribly overdone.

·
Registered
574 Posts
No antenna 03's with sport pawn all.
[/b]
I agree... but mine was not sport.. I believe that the front air dam for the non-sport for the 03 looks better than the 'sport' bumber.. but thats just me.. also.. I love having no antenna.. such a little thing.. yet so sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
14 Participants
tintinabeluma
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing