Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard if they are going to be running any financing specials on the 6 in the next month? I ordered one, and it should be here in about 1 month. Thanks in advance for any possible info! :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Replying to Topic '0% financing'

Originally posted by halfadozen

I highly doubt it based on the fact that it is selling pretty well.

Did you order it from Sesi?[/b]
i doubt it too, and even if they do run a financing incentive i doubt it will be 0%

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: 0% financing

I also agree that you wont see any 0% financing for a while on the 6. Possibly expect it when they release the hatch and wagons later in the year or next year?

However, I got some really great financing through the dealer at 4.9% interest... I wanted to go through the dealer to see if they could match my banks interest rate (they beat it) so that I could also get the Mazda Graduate discount of $500. Adding that into my rebates gets me my 6 for $200 under invoice :)

All thats left to do is sign the paperwork!

_Abs

·
Registered
82 Posts

Hey folks...what is the difference between MSPR and Dealer Invoice...and if they're different, then where is the Invoice printed...or can be found?

Thanks

http://www.dafey.com the poll so far...

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by duck979

Hey folks...what is the difference between MSPR and Dealer Invoice...and if they're different, then where is the Invoice printed...or can be found?

Thanks

.[/b]
Most invoice pricing you can get from places like http://www.edmunds.com and they even let you price it to the exact options you want. One of the nice things about Edmunds is that you can get the TMV or True market value of the car.. basically a measure of what everyone else pays for the exact car in your local area.

As far as the difference between invoice and MSRP there can be a lot. The place where there starts to become the biggest discrepency is when you start adding options to the car.. Also remember that a lot of times the invoice on the web is not always the actual price payed by the dealer. Factory to dealer incentives can bring the car down even more... And also remember that dealers are given a holdback fee (2% for mazda vehicles).. This means that the factory gives Mazda dealers cash that will basically float a car that is sitting on a lot for around 90 days.

If a car sells within 90 days the dealer will get a nice bonus. This is why it becomes important to say something to a dealer should you special order a car. Because the dealer will make 100% of the holdback since the car will be picked up immediately upon delivery. Sometimes mentioning this may change the purchasing price... This shows that you have done your homework, and more than likely a dealer will be less likely to try to pull one over on you.

Any questions.. post here or send a PM.

I got a nice deal through Mazda at 4.9% and $2300 off MSRP. The car only has <50 miles on it.

_Abs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by halfadozen

I highly doubt it based on the fact that it is selling pretty well.

Did you order it from Sesi?[/b]

No, I ordered it from Livonia autoplex, who I am really pissed off at right now. Please read this, and tell me what you think I should do.

I Ordered it on 12/10/02, with all the options exactly as I wanted it. The sales lady told me that it would take 6-10 weeks. Being really excited to get my car, I called the dealership to see if they could check the status of the order. They told me that my sales rep. doesn't work there anymore and that my car should still be on order. I ask to speak with someone who can check this for me. The guy comes on and says he will call me back when he finds out. Almost closing time at the dealership, and still no call. I call, and ask to speak with the sales manager, he says that Mazda doesn't take custom orders, they basically just tell you if they have it in stock and deny the order if they don't have it. Which is not at all what the sales rep told me, she told me I could order exactly what I wanted, they will build it and ship it to them. He says he does not have a way to check on the status of my order, and that the Mazda rep. will be there tomorrow. He will check with the Mazda rep, and call me tomorrow.

I think I will at least wait for his call before acting on anything else, but I feel like I am being dicked around. Should I tell them to forget it and order it from somewhere else. Either way, at the very latest I need it by 3/8/03 when my lease is up. What should I do?

·
Registered
262 Posts

No, I ordered it from Livonia autoplex, who I am really pissed off at right now. Please read this, and tell me what you think I should do.

I Ordered it on 12/10/02, with all the options exactly as I wanted it. The sales lady told me that it would take 6-10 weeks.  Being really excited to get my car, I called the dealership to see if they could check the status of the order. They told me that my sales rep. doesn't work there anymore and that my car should still be on order. I ask to speak with someone who can check this for me. The guy comes on and says he will call me back when he finds out. Almost closing time at the dealership, and still no call. I call, and ask to speak with the sales manager, he says that Mazda doesn't take custom orders, they basically just tell you if they have it in stock and deny the order if they don't have it. Which is not at all what the sales rep told me, she told me I could order exactly what I wanted, they will build it and ship it to them. He says he does not have a way to check on the status of my order, and that the Mazda rep. will be there tomorrow. He will check with the Mazda rep, and call me tomorrow.

I think I will at least wait for his call before acting on anything else, but I feel like I am being dicked around. Should I tell them to forget it and order it from somewhere else. Either way, at the very latest I need it by 3/8/03 when my lease is up.  What should I do?[/b]
I would suggest going to another dealer. There's absolutely no justification for them to be treating you like that. You're the one dropping $20+ grand on a car, and it's only fair for you to be able to call them up and check on your order. Just imagine if you do purchase the car from them but there's a problem where you have to take it back to the dealer. That's just another opportunity for them to jerk you around. You don't need that. Take your hard earned cash else where. Take it to a dealer that knows how to treat its customers.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Call the dealership tomorrow and let them know your situation. Treat them with a little respect even though the salesjerk didn't. Let them know that because of your lease and the lead time on a new '6 you've got to know now. If they can't give it to you straight, then go to one of the other dealerships in SE Michigan. I used to do business with A^2 Mazda and only once or twice with Sesi after A^2 Mazda & Volvo was sold off to Sesi and the Toyota dealership moved out to their Jackson Rd location.

If you're ordering a car with a manual tranny you may well wait 2-3 months minimum.

I was lucky, the sales rep at Crown Motors here in Holland was very well informed about the '6 and didn't jerk me around when it was discovered that I couldn't get it _exactly_ the way I wanted. I actually ended up with a car that I had spec'd out as a 'If I have the money...' :D

·
Registered
146 Posts

What mpulse says, though I will tell you 100% that you CAN order the car exactly as you like and it will be built and shipped to your dealer for you. He was feeding you a line of bull****.

Let them call you today and if you do not have the satisfaction or respect you deserve pull your deposit and go to Sesi or Bill Cook up in Farmington (my place of choice). If you go to Cook, see Tony Rice and tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

halfadozen, I went into Livonia Autoplex today and got my deposit back after a few more frustrating conversations with them. End result with them, sales manager is a jerk, does not want to sell cars, and does not want to be accountable for promises made by their sales reps. I took your advice and ordered a silver m6s loaded from Tony Rice at Cook. He promised the car in 60-90 days, and promised follow up calls to inform me of the status of my order. THANKS!!

Oh, and is your name Scott, I told him you sent me.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Sucks about Livonia Autoplex... Sounds like they didn't deserve your business.

Congrats on the new car! It's a long 60-90 days...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by mpulse1

Sucks about Livonia Autoplex...  Sounds like they didn't deserve your business.

Congrats on the new car!  It's a long 60-90 days...[/b]
I know it's already been a little more than a month, and that seems like forever. He said that he'll call me if he gets something comparable sooner...probably not. Thanks for the congrats, I saw 2 on the road today and almost broke my neck turning to look at them. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by ZMZMSIX

halfadozen, I went into Livonia Autoplex today and got my deposit back after a few more frustrating conversations with them. End result with them, sales manager is a jerk, does not want to sell cars, and does not want to be accountable for promises made by their sales reps. I took your advice and ordered a silver m6s loaded from Tony Rice at Cook. He promised the car in 60-90 days, and promised follow up calls to inform me of the status of my order. THANKS!!  

Oh, and is your name Scott, I told him you sent me.[/b]
Yep, that is my name. :D

My car was 60 days from order to delivery. It is a VERY hard thing to wait.

Tony is good, you'll like his follow-up. Congrats and know you are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No 0%, but I have heard of people getting around 5%. Is this from Mazda American Credit? Does anyone know if Mazda American and Ford Credit are the same. I don't have a lot of credit, but do have 4 years of perfect pay history with Ford Credit on 2 different leases. I ordered the car, but they won't run credit til it comes in.

Also heard of people getting $500 rebates. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts

Originally posted by Absolut

However, I got some really great financing through the dealer at 4.9% interest... I wanted to go through the dealer to see if they could match my banks interest rate (they beat it) so that I could also get the Mazda Graduate discount of $500.  Adding that into my rebates gets me my 6 for $200 under invoice :)

_Abs[/b]
What's the Mazda Graduate discount? Is that for recent grads, or anyone who has graduated college at all? I graduated in 1998... :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic '0% financing'

future6owner,

We could help you more if we knew where you were from. Please add your location to your profile.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I believe the college graduate discount can be claimed if you either have graduated within the last 2 years OR you will graduate in the next 6 months. I may be a little off - check the www.mazdausa.com website for details.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

In New England, the papers and commericials are advertising all 0% financing on all models (no fine print either). Get 'em while they last!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts