Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in email..... I wonder what it will be about? Officially introducing the production 2018 6?

Mark your calendar. We've got big news.

Dear xxxxxx,

We’re live streaming our exclusive press event—right from the New York Auto Show—right to you. Be one of the first to hear about Mazda's exciting new product reveals, new technology and so much more. Let the anticipation begin.

Be sure to mark your calendar and tune in to see and hear it all on Wednesday, March 28 at 12:30 p.m. PST / 3:30 p.m. EST.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Great, I'll be right in the middle of a training session then. Wonder who decided to have such an event in the middle of a work day.

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
It's because it's set up for the media/press, which prefers to work business hours like we do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
Rumors are running rampant that the "big news" will be the AWD Mazda6, because of the government website snafu a couple of months ago.

Plus, someone "supposedly" snapped this pic earlier today...

...then claimed that it was "removed" a few seconds later...

My opinion? I'm guessing the new 3, since it's due for a redesign for '19.

I'll be watching "live" all the same...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yep watching live... speed 3? - edit: NOPE

Announced:
- Android auto and Apple car playfor all 2018's! ... hopefully this can be integrated into older models.
- New Tag Line Motto - "FEEL ALIVE"
- Partnered with Amazon: first social website on amazon( not sure purpose)
- April 2nd new commercial for the Mazda 6

Didn't like them showing their "FANS" as 3 older white people. Should have had younger "FANS"

FANS = Mazda new term for Customers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
Didn't he mention that Android and Apple can be downloaded into previous year models as well?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, CP and AA can be downloaded into all 2018 models.

Not the ground breaking “big news” I was hoping for, but i’ll take it. It will be nice to have a NAVI alternative with real time traffic and real time map updates. I wonder if CP or AA NAVI can display guidance in the HUD?

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
In case you missed it:

1. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be added to the 6 this summer, with the option to retrofit onto earlier models.
2. A new ad campaign: Feel Alive... This will roll out beginning April 2nd.
3. A revised CX-3 will be introduced this summer.
4. A new partnership with Amazon(?). They didn't go into too much detail as to what that will include.

They also showed how they hand-picked a few lucky potential 6 buyers to be the first to try the '18 Signature right off the boat, before even the press and car mags (I think this was in Seattle?). And as in years past, they'll be hitting West Coast dealers first, and then working their way East...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did they confirm that Android Auto can be retrofitted to older models? Watched the announcement, didn't hear anything about retrofitting

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no need to subscribe to save 15% on toothbrushes, but hey, now I can thanks to amazon integration! Is Echo going to yell at you to "slow down, you're driving too fast!" or change the radio to something they want to listen to?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Didn't he mention that Android and Apple can be downloaded into previous year models as well?
https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ny-auto-show/

During the press conference, Mazda also announced the addition of Apple CarPlay™ and Android™ Auto support to its vehicle line-up. In Canada, these mobile device connectivity technologies will first be offered in the 2019 CX‑9 launching this summer, and then rolled out across the entire model line-up thereafter. In addition, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available as a Genuine Mazda Accessory retrofit for MAZDA CONNECT systems starting this fall.
That's promising, at least... I assume at a minimum it will be like what Ford put out for recent model year vehicles where there is both a software update and then a separate new USB hub with the right authentication for Carplay that costs less than 100 bucks. In the Ford situation, Android Auto works without the new USB hub if that's all you care about.

·
Banned
886 Posts
So weird that they would choose to exclude Sport customers from such a basic and long requested infotainment feature. Hopefully it can still be added at a cost, and that cost will be reasonable.
they have been excluding the sport since 3rd gen was created lmao

one more reason to never get a base model of ANYTHING especially from Japanese manufacturers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts